This is the first time in 5 years I was available to even attend the event. I’m very excited to finally attend this event.
What is Affiliate Summit?
“Affiliate Summit was founded by Missy Ward and Shawn Collins in 2003 for the purpose of providing educational sessions on the latest industry issues and fostering a productive networking environment for affiliate marketers.”
If any of me peeps are attending, give me a quick call and we will make sure to connect!
Keep Being Brilliant,
Knowing Your Target Market is Everything!
Let me first say, I have next to zero experience on Craigslist. I have never posted anything or purchased anything on Craigslist until today. There is a HUGE marketing lesson here so make such to read the entire post.
Let Me Tell You What Happen…
For the past 2 weeks my iPhone 3GS 16 GB has been burning through the battery several times a day. Thus, I’d have to re-charge my phone 2-3 times throughout the day.
Yesterday I decided to go to the Apple Store in the Forum Shops at Ceasars Palace in Las Vegas. I met with one of the Genius Bar guys. They checked the phone and said everything seemd to be ok. I told them that the battery was buring way to fast the past 2 weeks. They did another test and agreed.
They said they needed to replace the battery but the problem was, they no longer had replacement batteries for that phone. He did some research and found out I still had my iphone under Apple Care Protection.
The Good News…
Because they didn’t have replacement batteries, they gave me a Brand NEW iPhone 3GS 16GB! I thought this is great! Then I asked could I upgrade to the Phone 4 at no cost. They said I was entitled to an upgrade but had to pay $199 dollars.
I Then Asked The Money Maker Question…
If I take the New replacement iphone, can I do whatever I want with it? Can I give to my friend or sell it? They said, I could do what ever I wanted with it.
So I Did What Any Good Marketer Would Do, RESEARCH!
I took my iphone back for a few minutes and did a quick search on ebay and Craigslist for iphones 3GS for sale. Yes, there were a number of iphone 3GS for sale, but I didn’t see any Brand NEW ones.
If I sold it, I just wanted to get my money back ASAP.
I took the New replacement iphone and purchased the New Apple iPhone4 for $199 plus $60 dollars for another Apple Care Protection Plan. So now I’m into the new iphone4 for $284 with tax.
Fast Forward To This Morning:
I searched the the Apple website for photos of the iPhone 3GS 16GB phone. I took some screen captures from their site with Snagit. I wrote up a quick adds. I priced my phone at $290 dollars.
There were a number of used ones for $150 – $350. I had the best phone and as a bonus still had 9 months left on this Apple Care Protection which was transferable.
In less than 30 minutes of posting on Craigslist I had 3 HUNGRY buyers…Two wanted a little discount for a fast close. The third guy said I’ll pay full price and meet you in 15 minutes!
My advertisement said, the first guy that brings me $290 gets it!
In less than 45 minutes from posting the ad I had $290 cash in hand. Think about that. Las Vegas has 1.5 million people. I was looking for 1 hungry buyer out of 1.5 million. That means, they had to be online within 30 minutes of the time I posted the ad. What are the chances?
Marketing 101 says, find a parade of hungry buyers and then get in front of that parade and sell them what they want. He needed a phone. What my buyer wanted was the exact one I was selling.
Find a problem and provide a solution at a fair price.
I had no idea this would happen this fast. I was shocked. It further reminded me of the first movie “Wall Street” with Michael Douglas.
Gordon Gekko: “Money itself isn’t lost or made, it’s simply transferred from one perception to another”.
Look At The Cycle of Events:
1. iPhone Battery was not staying Charged
2. Two weeks later I go to Apple Store To get a New Battery
3. Yesterday I walk out of the Apple Store with 2 New iPhones
4. Today I post an ad on Craigslist Trying To Sell one iPhone
5. Got 3 Responses in less than 30 minutes of posting
6. I got full asking price, cash in hand in less than 45 minutes.
7. Bottom Line – I got my new iPhone4 for FREE!
It’s just another reminder that when you have the right product and the correct price, you don’t have to sell anybody. The buyers are already sold. They just need to be able to buy it easy and fast.
BTW – I LOVE my new iphone4!
To Your Marketing Success,
One of the oldest and most established ways to attract visitors and grow your website traffic is to write and publish articles. The reason? It still works! Articles mean content and the old adage that “content is king” is just as true now as it was in 1998 when the ‘Net was just becoming commercialized.
However, if you want to build links to your site using articles, you need to do it right. The best way to build links using articles is to provide quality articles.
Writing an “article” that is nothing more than a sales letter, or hiring a writer who can’t even speak your language will never work to build links to your website. Period.
The great thing about building links with articles is:
- They offer valid and
- Valuable information to your visitors.
The Internet is all about learning. Selling, sure, but even learning to sell! It’s about information. People online are used to scanning content to see if it’s really something they want to read. Here are some tips to consider when writing articles:
• Provide interesting topics for your visitors. Get their attention and let them see you have something worthwhile to say, something they want and need to hear. These are surefire ways to build links to your site with your articles.
• Write on a topic that matches your website. If your site is about Internet marketing, writing articles about candle making isn’t going to benefit you. Sure, you may get some readers who will post a link to an article or repost the article on their site, but their visitors aren’t likely to be in your target audience, so why bother?
• Present your articles in an easy-to-read format for the web. Web readers don’t like long paragraphs, so short quick-read articles work best. Use shorter blocks of text than in print, as well as more sub-heads and bullet points. You can even add a graphic or two at times. All of these strategies make your articles good link bait.
• Make your articles available for free reprint. Never assume that just because you post an article on your website, that people know they can use it in a newsletter or link to it. Include a note at the bottom of every article giving them permission to add a direct link, or use the article in whole with your bio included.
Using articles to build links to your site isn’t rocket science. It’s simply a matter of writing quality articles that provide good information and encouraging people to link to them.
Happy Article Writing,
You have permission to use this article as long as you do not make any changes to the article and include this author box.
Robby LeBlanc is the founder of www.MarketingYouCanUse.com . Claim Your FREE Report – “How To Generate Unlimited Local Referals.”
If you want to increase your search engine page ranking and overall search engine optimization, then you want to maximize the number of backlinks to your site. A backlink is essentially a link to your site from another website or internet location.
If you are a blogger and you include links to relevant sites and resources, then you are giving that source a backlink. Backlinks are important because they are part of the alogarithm that Google uses to rank your website.
Building backlinks should be part of your overall blogging and website marketing and search engine optimization strategy.
Not All backlinks Are Created Equally…
Search engines value quality backlinks and therefore it is important to be aware of the most effective types of backlinks. Also be aware of which ones are frowned upon by the various search engines.
You Want To Avoid The Following:
- Link farms
- Link swaps and
- Purchasing links
However, if you decide to employ them, be very cautious…
They may very well ”NOT” be worth the time or money it takes to build them. In fact, they could significantly damage your site. do your research.
What is the single best way to increase your backlinks?
Offer great content.
When you offer your readers…
- Well written
- Relevant and
- Interesting content…
They will want to link to your site and in doing so expose you to more and more readers.
Focus your efforts on offering your readers a site they value and read regularly. It will prove to be the most effective strategy for building links to your site.
Now Go Create Some Great Content,
From: Marketing You Can Use
Re: What Causes Thunder Thighs?
We’re talking about Attention Grabbing Headlines!
I just walked in the living room and turned on the TV set. The show “The Doctors” was on. The first thing I saw on the screen was a question: “What Causes Thunder Thighs?”
The First Thing That Came to Mind…
What a great headline! Anyone that wants to know, “What Causes Thunder Thighs” is going to tune in, read, and or listen to whatever they have to say.
Headlines are critical to your adcopy. I’ve heard only 8 out of 10 actually read the entire headline. That’s just the headline!
Your headline has to be able to grab the readers attention in such a way that it forces them to want to read the rest of your message.
One of the keys to writing a good headline is, knowing your market so well, that you know what they’re thinking and looking for. You know their hot buttons.
Go to the magazine rack in your local Barns & Noble book store. Pick up any magazine that ”YOU” are interested in reading. You will immediately start scanning the cover. What are you looking for?
You are searching for Headlines that ”YOU” can relate to right now!
Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Days Without Changing What You Eat!
Learn To Play Guitar in 5 Minutes!
How To Get a FREE iphone?
What He Really Wants…
What She Really Wants…
Get FREE Show Tickets in Las Vegas!
How to Get Interviewed by Oprah
Headlines are everything. The next time you pick a magazine, look at the cover for a minute. Then decide what article you want to read.
But before you read that article, think about “WHY” you selected that article.
What is it about that headline that made you say “YES”, I want to read more. Was it the copy? Did the color of the headline influence you? What part of you did it touch? Is it solving a problem for you? Will it make you feel better, faster and quicker?
On that note…
You’ll never believe what I’m going to write about tomorrow!
About a year ago Vickie and I were asked to help on a TV set with some
camera work . This was a local Las Vegas TV station that produced a show on Success. They interviewed successful people in different niches. From sports to Science…
The person being interviewed was Two Time UFC Champion Randy Couture. Randy is a legend in the sport. He’s one of two fighters that has won Titles in two different weight classes. He’s a Hall of Famer for UFC.
At one point during the interview they took some questions from the audience.
One women asked…
“It looks like you are really angry when you fight and you just want to kill the other guy. Are you angry when you fight?”
“The minute I get angry or loose my temper, I’ve lost the fight. MMA is nothing but a phyiscal chess match. I make a move, he makes a move. The minute I get angry, I’ve lost the ability to make quality decisions, and that’s dangerous in my business.”
I remember thinking to myself…‘WOW!” That was awesome!
How does that relate to your Marketing Strategy?
In the marketing of our businesses, we don’t always get the results we expect.
Sometimes the results are better and sometimes they are not so good.
Armand Morin, one of my marketing mentors has a saying: “It Is What It Is”.
The Key Nugget of Wisdom That I Got From Randy Couture is:
When things go wrong in your business, and they will go wrong, the key is to keep your head in the game.
1. Focus on Solutions
2. Focus on Options
3. Focus on Progress
4. Focus on Making Quality Decisions
Keep Your Head in The Game,
From: Marketing You Can Use
Re: What Are You Avoiding?
* Some owners do not like confrontation and will avoid it at all costs
* Some avoid angry customers
* Some avoid paying bills on time
* Some avoid firing people
What are you avoiding? What tasks or situations are you not addressing in a timely manner? What causes you stress on a ongoing basis?
The answers to these questions are different for everyone.
However, there is a solution. Maybe not a solutuion for everything you’re avoiding, but a good part of it can be outsourced.
Step 1: Write down ALL the things you hate doing in your business. Everything! Make your list as long as it needs to be. It is what it is…
Step 2: Then go through your list and check off ALL the things that you can assign or outsource to someone else.
If you hate doing customer service, you NEED to find someone else to do that job. If you are in the habbit of not paying your bills in a timely manner, hire a book keeper or a accounting service to do this for you.
The more things you can get off your plate that you dislike and or causes you stress, the better you can be as an owwner and leader of your business.
To Your Business Success,
From: Marketing You Can Use
Re: Seize Fire!
While I was waiting for my lunch at a local restaruant I decided to send out a few text messages. I texted about 10 quick messages out to a few friends and business associates. All short and motivational in spirit.
Anyone tell you they love you today? We do!
Thanks for you’re help. Yo Da Man!
You’re hired! See you Friday.
You sounded great on Saturday night!
Just a bunch of short unexpected messages. Feel good messages.
Suddently it started…
A tidal wave text messages were being sent back to me like a rapid fire machine gun. Replies of thanks. Great hearing from you. Thank you for the kind words.
Then it hit me…
It is truly possible that from here on, a major war, anywhere in the world could be ended with a simple Text Message…Seize Fire!
This knocked my socks off! Don’t let the simplicity of what simple text message can do for you and your business. Your messages can be used to help, hurt, heal or inspire.
Right now, while you are thinking about it, pick 3 people from your text roladex. Write them a simple message…
Just want you to know I am thinking about and you are awesome!
Now Go Spread Some Love,
From: Marketing You Can Use
Re: 6 Ways To Promote Your List
Building Your List is “Key” To Your On or Offline Success.
- No List = No Customers
- No Customers = No Money
- No Money = No Business!
There are hundreds of ways to promote and build your mailing list. Below are 6 Ways To Promote your list that you can starting tacking action on immediately!
1. Ethical Bribery! Not in the monetary sense, but in the “Let me make you an offer you can’t refuse” sense. Offer a free, original ebook to anyone who subscribes to your email list. This method works especially well if your subscriber can only get the ebook from you. Don’t have an ebook to give away? Try writing 5-10 original articles on your niche topic and compiling them into a PDF. It’s a quick, easy and cost-free solution to create a unique product.
2. Tweet It Baby! You gotta love those 140 characters you can use on twitter. Let your Twitter followers know when you publish a new newsletter. Tweet the link to your subscription form.
Don’t forget to ask your followers to retweet (RT) your posts promoting your list.
3. Add a subscription form to every page of your website. The upper right side is considered the best location, but if that doesn’t work, choose a spot and add it to every page.
4. Offer email list-only specials, coupons and information. Make sure your email list gets your best of your best, not just rehashed material from your blog or other publications.
5. Update your Facebook status with a note about your newsletter. Encourage your FB friends and family to subscribe and tell their followers. Be sure to thank them when they do.
6. Promote your mailing list instead of your website. Then use your mailing list to promote your other offerings. Your goal is to capture the names and contact info of your prospects and customers. Once you do that, you can steer them to your website, products and services.
Promote Your List,
From: Marketing You Can Use
Re: Outsource To Free Up Your Time
Who says that outsourcing is strictly for work?
As you grow your business, you still have other responsibilities that need to be taken care of. Check to see if these duties can be passed on to someone else.
When work and home collide, it can become insane. You will be folding laundry in your home office between emails and researching articles. Or, you’ll be going over reports in your head while you cook dinner. This is not what you had in mind when you decided to go into business for yourself.
Get Some Help…Again
Hopefully you’ve already turned a big corner by outsourcing your virtual assisting work to other VAs with the right stuff. Now, turn your attention to your home. Those activities can also be outsourced to others with the right skills to do the job.
1. Childcare – Part of owning a home business like virtual assisting is that you can spend more time with the kids. You may have even worked out your business day around keeping the children at home. As the business becomes more demanding, you’ll want to rethink that scenario. Hiring someone to look after your kids, even on a part-time basis can make a huge difference. You have options: a nanny in the home, a part-time babysitter from the neighborhood or a childcare center.
2. Housecleaning – No one wants to clean even if they have the time. You might be sitting at your computer working but don’t let that fool your family. You can become mentally tired just like you can become physically tired. After a day of managing clients and typing your fingers off, you won’t want to pick up one more thing whether its clothing or a dirty dish. Budget in to hire a maid service. You don’t have to be the Rockefeller’s to afford it. If you do a thorough cleaning of your home, a service can come in just to touch things up once a week or twice a month. It will make a big difference.
3. Bookkeeping – You’ll need to balance those books if you own a business. All those numbers may start running together after a while. Waiting until tax time to handle them is an accident waiting to happen. Hire a freelance professional or another VA who specializes in bookkeeping to help you keep the business finances straight all along instead of at the last minute.
4. Your Business Needs – While you are building your business, administrative tasks seem to fall by the wayside. You’ll feel more at ease when you can find someone to do these things for you. Tasks like the following are perfect for someone else to handle for you.
• Updating your website
• Writing content
• Answering emails
• Sending out newsletters
It’s the sigh of relief you’ll breathe when you outsource your needs so you can spend more time growing your business and doing the things in life you enjoy yes, I mean more than working!